Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ruth's Chris


So last Friday Chris and I wanted to go on a date. So when I got off work Chris had told me he had made reservations for us at this really nice steak house called Ruth's Chris. Some of his family members have eaten there before and said it was the best steak they had ever eatin, plus they wine and dine you! I'm usually a chicken person but this time I was obligated to try this "AMAZING" steak. It's a pretty fancy restaurant so we changed and got all done up and headed downtown.

This was by far the most EXPENSIVE restaurant Chris and I had ever been to. The service was amazing and the food was delicious! Chris and I both ordered a salad, we got the blue cheese lettuce wedge and I would have to say it was the best blue cheese I've ever had. They also brought our warm sour dough bread which was also so yummy. For our meal we obviously ordered a steak, but the way you order is ala cart, so you order your steak...(which my steak was about 42 bucks!!!) then you order whatever side dishes you want. Chris got the Ribeye steak and I ordered the Filet. And for our sides we got mashed potatoes and asparagus. My steak was so tender I could just use my fork to cut through it. It seriously melted in my mouth. :) After dinner we of course had to order desert, we ordered the duel chocolate cake with fresh berries and whipped cream. It was amazing to say the least.
When we finished our waiter brought us our check..total came to $125.00 including tip!!!! ummm HOLY CRAP..good thing we used a gift card and some cash we got for Christmas becasue with out that we wouldn't have chosen this place hahaha...we knew it was going to be expensive when we chose it but GEE, who could ever eat there on a regular basis?! lol It was such a fun and romantic date for Chris and I to be able to go and spend some alone time with each other. I would definitely recommend trying it at least once :)



1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try that place. Kelly and I like to go to Flemings at the Gateway when we can. It comes to the same amount, but it's worth it! Good dinners with our husbands are fun!

    ReplyDelete